cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
txnelson
Super User

I am attempting to change the title of an entry, and it keeps changing back to the original title

I have attempted to change the visible title to the Community Entry

How can I temporarily specify the current window in the script? 

I have pasted in the new title of

How do I reference an already run platform's output report and the executable object that generated it?

After I post the edited entry, the entry changes back to the original title.  If I go back to edit the entry, it shows the changed title in the edit window.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Jim
4 REPLIES 4
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: I am attempting to change the title of an entry, and it keeps changing back to the original title

Hi @txnelson, it is related to the translation mechanism. Let me investigate to see what (if anything), can be done. Thanks.

txnelson
Super User

Re: I am attempting to change the title of an entry, and it keeps changing back to the original title

I was guessing the translator was causing the issue.  I even translated the text and pasted it into the Subject line, but that didn't fix it either

Jim
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

To update a subject, the updated text must be in the same language of the body of the post. In this case, the subject should be entered in Chinese (Simplified). It is then a matter of time before the re-translation of the post occurs. The change will only affect the subject of the original post, not the replies. The subject of the replies will only be re-translated if a change is made (or the entire post re-submitted for translation, which only an administrator can do).

txnelson
Super User

OK.......I will change the subject to be entered in Simplified Chinese.

Jim