cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Application Builder and Graph Builder

Hello - I'm on day 1 of application builder, so this might be completely obvious. However, I'm not seeing anything about it on google search.

I'm trying to manipulate some graphs in a way that graph builder is currently incapable of. I can program the application to feed the data to a bivariate plot, and redo it over and over, no problem. However, I'm not quite sure how to talk back and forth with graph builder. I'd like to have a function that calculates a manipulation of the data sent to graph builder in real time, and then have a slider to affect a constant in that function, and it dynamically updates. Am I stuck with the redo and redo route (and maybe teach myself the JMP workflow builder, since I think that might help), or is there a way to actually mess around with the internals of Graph builder? 

Edward Hamer Chandler, Jr.
6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Re: Application Builder and Graph Builder

There are a full range of capabilities within JMP to programmatically set and receive messages to each of the platforms, such as Graph Builder.  You can also add sliders etc. that pass messages to the platforms.

The best documentation on this ability is in the "Display Tree" section in the Scripting Guide.

Jim
hogi
Level XI

A small appetizer:

hogi_0-1701593379052.png

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
Try( exponent, dt << New Table Variable( "exponent", 1 ) );
dt << new column("weight 2", Formula(:weight ^ exponent )); // added after the comment
New Window( "test",
	sb = Slider Box( 0.7, 1.2, sliderValue, dt << set table variable("exponent", sliderValue) ), 
	gb = dt << Graph Builder(
		Size( 437, 413 ),
		Lock Scales( 1 ),
		Show Control Panel( 0 ),
		Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight 2 ), Overlay( :sex ) ),
		Elements(
			Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ) ),
			Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 2 ) )
		)
	);	
);

pmroz
Super User

Small typo - change ":weight 2" to ":weight"

hogi
Level XI

Thanks @pmroz for the comment.
I forgot to copy the column formula for manually added :weight2 to the script. -> added now.

hogi
Level XI

@ehchandlerjr wrote:

Am I stuck with the redo and redo route 

GraphBuilder updates the graph automatically when there are changes in the data table.
For Bivariate, you can enable automatic recalc:

hogi_0-1701593941051.png

EricTaunton
Level I

In JMP Application Builder, you can use interactive elements like sliders to link with Graph Builder. You can define parameters in your script and connect them to sliders. This way, you can update graphs dynamically. 

View more...
In JMP Application Builder, you can use interactive elements like sliders to link with Graph Builder. You can define parameters in your script and connect them to sliders. This way, you can update graphs dynamically. I was worried about the timeliness of my research paper, but my colleague urged me to get in touch with this https://lastminutewriting.com/research-paper urgent research paper writer writing service, and from the moment I reached out, they assured me that they could handle it. And boy did they deliver! Not only did they deliver a research paper of the highest quality, but they delivered it so quickly that I barely missed my deadline. Their professionalism and dedication to producing high-quality work are second to none. I would highly recommend them to anyone."