Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
uProf
Level III

How to Get Difference Between Two Data Tables

Hi,

I need some help figuring out difference details between two data tables. At a high level, if there is addition of new rows in New.jmp then I would like to save the new additions in a separate file.

I am using Jmp 12.2 and have the following so far using Compare Data Tables but it only provides info on whether there is a add or delete... would like to take this one step further.

If Compare Data Tables on Jmp 12 has limitations, then is there another way to extract differences between two data tables?

Thanks!

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "New.jmp" );
dtRef = Open( "Old.jmp" );

obj = dtRef << Compare Data Tables( Compare with(dt) );
mtx = ( obj << Get Difference Summary Matrix );

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to Get Difference Between Two Data Tables

The Compare Data Tables platform has been enhanced a great deal since 12.2.  My suggestion is to go to the JMP website and download a trial copy of JMP 16 and tryout the Compare Data Tables on that release.  I believe that it might be what you are looking for.

If upgrading is not a solution, adding those features through JSL could be done, but it is pretty complex.  I suggest you determine exactly what options you need and then attack each one, asking for help when you need specific problems identified.

Jim
uProf
Level III

Re: How to Get Difference Between Two Data Tables

Thanks Txnelson. I ended up using Join with Match flag to find additions to new file with Jmp 12.2.0 for now. New additions have Match flag value of 2.

At some point, we will have company wide newer Jmp licenses. At that time I will explore newer features.