cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neo
Neo
Level VI

Is it possible to get a row & columns from an open table as inset in to a chart?

Attached is an example similar to what I want to achieve using JSL i.e. how to get desired rows and columns from an open table in a chart plotted by JMP? 

I do not want the table of desired rows and columns to cover the plotted data so placement is also important (top left corner or bottom left corner options work best for me).

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Is it possible to get a row & columns from an open table as inset in to a chart?

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Is it possible to get a row & columns from an open table as inset in to a chart?

How are the rows and columns for the table determined? Are they related to the graph? Are they from same data table? How large can the table be? Is graph fixed size? Should table scale with the graph? Can the values ìn the table update?

Using hover lapels might work

jthi_0-1684492385871.png

-Jarmo
Neo
Neo
Level VI

@jthi 

Please see answers below.

How are the rows and columns for the table determined? rows and columns are from a table unrelated to the table which plots the graph

Are they related to the graph? Not directly as mentioned above. 

Are they from same data table? No

How large can the table be? Table for inset is 2 cols 8 rows

Is graph fixed size? yes

Should table scale with the graph? No

Can the values ìn the table update? No, but graphs are plotted in a loop and the inset table is to be inserted in the same loop. Inset table is a subset of a larger table.

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
Craige_Hales
Super User