cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
learning_JSL
Level IV

Is there a way to group many rows into one row based on matching values of selected fields?

Hi - I have a large dataset with individual contaminant compound results per row.  I.e. Each row has a lat, long, datetime, and a result for one of many compounds.  Instead, I need one row, and only one row, for each instance of lat, long, and datetime....that single row would then have ALL compound results on a single row.   In other words, I need to group by three fields (lat, long, datetime) and present results of all compounds when values of those three fields are the same.  This will allow me to evaluate and explore my data.   (I'm using JMP Pro 17.00.)    Thanks in advance!

WHAT I HAVE:

LAT  LONG DATETIME  COMPOUND   RESULT

lat1  long1   datetime1    sulfate             200

lat1  long1  datetime1     chloride           50

lat1  long1  datetime1      iron                100

lat2  long2  datetime2    sulfate             33

lat2  long2  datetime2     chloride          44

lat2  long2  datetime2     iron                 55

WHAT I NEED:

LAT LONG  DATETIME SULFATE   CHLORIDE   IRON

lat1  long1  datetime1       200              50              100

lat2  long2  datetime2        33               44                55

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmarchandTSI
Level V

Re: Is there a way to group many rows into one row based on matching values of selected fields?

You just need to "Split" the table:

mmarchandTSI_1-1693589614176.png

mmarchandTSI_0-1693589570554.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mmarchandTSI
Level V

Re: Is there a way to group many rows into one row based on matching values of selected fields?

You just need to "Split" the table:

mmarchandTSI_1-1693589614176.png

mmarchandTSI_0-1693589570554.png

learning_JSL
Level IV

Hi and thanks for your response!  I am exploring this solution now and will let you know if I have any questions.  Much appreciated!