cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fja
fja
Level III

Out of curiosity: How are the badges for STIPS awarded?

Dear Community!

I am just popping in here because am currently taking the STIPS courses that where linked to from from the SAS platform. JMP is a great way to explore statistics by the way ...

As I have said I do originally come from the SAS side and have created the account in this community after having started the STIPS courses. Now I observe that I do not get the according badges awarded. How come? The email used for registration on both platforms is the same, they could be matched.

Not that my life depended on that, but may be other new users are interested as well .. knowing that any kind of badge is a strong motivator.

Cheers

Fja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Out of curiosity: How are the badges for STIPS awarded?

Hi. The Community attempts to recognize members who have completed a STIPS course through the use of a Community badge. Once a week, we check to see if a member completed a course. If they did, we award the badge for that course. It's possible the automated system misses someone from time to time. If you have completed a STIPS course and do not receive a Community badge after a week or so, please let me know so we can investigate.

It should be noted that the Community STIPS badges are independent of any badges award by STIPS itself and are only valid in the context of the Community.

Hope that helps clarify.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fja
fja
Level III

... and hey! This posting gave me the "kick off" badge. Thank you!

Craige_Hales
Super User

@Ryan_Gilmore 

Craige
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi. The Community attempts to recognize members who have completed a STIPS course through the use of a Community badge. Once a week, we check to see if a member completed a course. If they did, we award the badge for that course. It's possible the automated system misses someone from time to time. If you have completed a STIPS course and do not receive a Community badge after a week or so, please let me know so we can investigate.

It should be noted that the Community STIPS badges are independent of any badges award by STIPS itself and are only valid in the context of the Community.

Hope that helps clarify.

fja
fja
Level III

Hello Ryan!

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I doubt that the mechanism has worked correctly in my case. Let me finish all the modules and I will give you a shout one week later ... so that we have collected sufficient evidence against the Ho.

Thank you in advance!

--Fja