cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Rotate MAP North South

Hello, 

Does JMP have the capability to rotate a map North/South as oppose to simply using Lat Longs? If I have a SHP file within this map would that rotate as well? 

Thanks! 

M. Dereviankin
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Rotate MAP North South

I'm not certain I understand what you're asking. Do you mean you want the Y axis to be East/West and the X axis to be North/South? Can you show an example of what you want?

-Jeff

As a first step yes, I would like the axis to be east/west. 

However, in terms of interactivity is there no way to just rotate the map or is it confined to lat/long? For instance on a google map we can rotate it. 

M. Dereviankin
Craige_Hales
Super User

There are multiple possible answers.

• If you are using JMP's maps and projections and axes, north is at the top.
  • If you are not using a map and projection, you can switch the variables/axes for a 90 degree rotation.
  • You might also rotate a map 90 degrees the same way, but be careful to align map and data.
  • If you apply a rotation to transform the data (and map) you can get a arbitrary angle rotation. In this case the axis labels are problematic. JMP does not do rotations for you, not like an interactive google map.

The projection I'm talking about is when you add a background map and JMP switches the axes to use geodesic coordinates. They depend on x axis being longitude and y axis latitude.

Craige