cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
qdread
Level I

Simulate non-pro jmp with a jmp pro installation

Apologies if this is a duplicated question as I am new here. I searched for an answer but cannot find it.

I am a statistical consultant who typically does not use JMP for my own work; I use R and occasionally SAS. I have a JMP Pro installation from my employer to use if clients ask me to help them with JMP. However, many of these clients do not have JMP Pro themselves. So sometimes it can be difficult for me to help them because I do not know off the top of my head which JMP features they can and cannot reproduce on their own systems. Is there an easy way, besides searching through all the documentation, to "simulate" non-pro JMP with an installation of JMP Pro? Can I somehow temporarily disable the Pro-only functionality so I can see the same thing that the client would see on their system? Thanks very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Simulate non-pro jmp with a jmp pro installation

You can disable it from JSL

Names default to here(1);
preferences(disableJMPPro(1));
Vince Faller - Predictum

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

I am not familiar with such an option, but I sure like the idea of having a switch, or at least, having a way to have a separate copy that is just JMP and not JMP Pro.

I urge you to add this idea to the JMP Wish List so it will become a recorded suggestion.

Jim

Although not exactly what you are looking for, this might help.

If you go to View > JMP Starter, you will see categories of things that JMP can do. As you click on each category, you will see each item in that category on the right. The items that are in JMP Pro have the JMP Pro logo.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1645586962895.png

Dan Obermiller
qdread
Level I

That's extremely helpful, thanks! I guess I'm surprised that the Mixed Model option is only available in JMP Pro. These days it's kind of the default for me . . .

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

You can disable it from JSL

Names default to here(1);
preferences(disableJMPPro(1));
Vince Faller - Predictum
txnelson
Super User

Vince,

This is a GREAT piece of information. 

Jim
althompsonphd
Level II

Great solution and a big help. The next question that I have is how to enable JMP Pro again. I have tried what I think to be the obvious solutions, but I am having no luck. Thanks for any assistance!