cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SSMann03
Level I

To automate the Mulitple Data table selection while running Add-Ins.

Dear All,

I am facing a small challenge to implement the Dashboard via Add-Ins. I have a JMP script to import the test data into different Data Table and to make plots for them. I have succeeded in creating an Adds-Ins to create a Dashboard out of the Plots from different Data Tables, however as it involves many Data Table it prompts a menu to select the corresponding Data table to create the Dashboard while running it. Could you please guide me to automate the Data table selection while creating the Dashboard?

Note: Menu that pop ups to select the Data Table as attached here.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: To automate the Mulitple Data table selection while running Add-Ins.

During the creation of a Dashboard, the initial default setting is to use Current Data Table() so that the Dashboard can be run on a different table.  When you add a report from a second table, you should see a prompt like this:

danschikore_0-1694440528357.png

If you check the box, both tables will be referenced by name, and the script should run immediately if you have open tables that match the names.  There are other options for choosing the tables that can be set by selecting "Show Properties" from the Dashboard Builder red-triangle menu.  For each table referenced, there are options for how to set the data table:

danschikore_1-1694440765800.png

The prompt dialog that you are seeing is the "Prompt" option, which is also the fallback solution if the table has not been set through one of the other options.

If you let me know what your settings are and what version of JMP you are running, hopefully that will help me understand why the prompt is coming up in your case.

-Dan

SSMann03
Level I

Re: To automate the Mulitple Data table selection while running Add-Ins.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

a. I am using JMP 16.2.

b. I checked the "Reference table by name".

c. In Properties, by default, for Location: "Name" is selected for the data tables & as suggested i changed it to "Prompt". In my case i have 2 Data Tables.

d. When i select "Preview Mode" it doesn't prompt a table to select the corresponding data tables, however when i click the "Run Dashboard" it is prompting the table to select the corresponding data table even after selecting "Prompt" for "Location". Please let me know if i have missed any information to include.

Kind regards,

SSMann.