cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Extra Axis in graph builder

What inspired this wish list request? 

We are trying to generate multiple graphs using the wrapping function, but the axes only show up on the outer edges of the graph.

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

Would like the ability to add x/y axes to all of the graphs within the wrapped graph (see figure)

JMP graph.png

Why is this idea important? 

3 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Info

Thank you for submitting this request, @ceebee! This is functionality that we are already investigating, so your timing in submitting this is great. I have a question for you to help me better understand this request. 

• Why do you want the axes to repeat? Does it make the graph easier to read? Is it required for where you are publishing or presenting these graphs? Is this more applicable when there are more wrapped graphs and it gets even harder to read? All of the above?

This is definitely a valuable request, but I always like to hear the "why" from the customer just to make sure we are on the right page and can potentially build the right solutions. Thanks! 

ceebee
Level I

Hi! The answer is all of the above, but mostly it's for presenting/publishing. That way the individual graphs can be used in a presentation. Thank you for your response!

Thank you for the information, that is very helpful @ceebee! Just a few more questions for you related to this request:

1. How do you currently accomplish this? Do you have a workaround within JMP or do you use other software to do this? For example, perhaps you could use a local data filter to quickly see each graph for screen size (from your example) if you needed to present individual graphs? Not sure if that solves your issue, but just an example of a potential workaround.
  2. What percentage of graphs that you present/publish come from Graph Builder? 
  3. If you are publishing your graphs externally, are there any requirements for how the graph needs to look that are hard to meet with JMP? Are you able to publish graphs made in JMP (without making edits on the graph in other software)?

I apologize for all the additional questions! We are just trying to gather some more data on this request as the implementation will be slightly challenging if we decide to build this.