cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
egon_gross
Level III

JMP table to Excel with multiple worksheets depending on column property in JMP table.

Hi everyone,

I have the challange to make inly one Excel file containing a bunch of worksheets out of a big JMP table in stacked format. For each colum vallue of the JMP table there should result one excel worksheet containing the definded columns (and values) of the JMP table. 

I hope that I described the intended workflow propperly nad that there is help available.

Thanks in advance

Egon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP table to Excel with multiple worksheets depending on column property in JMP table.

This task should be a fairly simple thing to do.

1. Create a separate JMP data table for each spreadsheet you want in the workbook.
  2. Create a JMP list that contains the data table references to each of the above tables
  3. Create a JMP list that contains the desired name of each spreadsheet in the workbook
  4. Use the Create Excel Workbook() function to create the Excel Workbook

It is pretty tough to go beyond this listing of the steps to take, without more specifics of how the "Column Value" relates to the columns in the different spreadsheet.

If you can provide more details, or maybe an actual sample of your data etc. it would be very helpful.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP table to Excel with multiple worksheets depending on column property in JMP table.

This task should be a fairly simple thing to do.

1. Create a separate JMP data table for each spreadsheet you want in the workbook.
  2. Create a JMP list that contains the data table references to each of the above tables
  3. Create a JMP list that contains the desired name of each spreadsheet in the workbook
  4. Use the Create Excel Workbook() function to create the Excel Workbook

It is pretty tough to go beyond this listing of the steps to take, without more specifics of how the "Column Value" relates to the columns in the different spreadsheet.

If you can provide more details, or maybe an actual sample of your data etc. it would be very helpful.

Jim
egon_gross
Level III

Hi Jim,

thanks for the reply and the suggestions. We'll try out and I'll come back.

Egon

egon_gross
Level III

Hi Jim,

we finally tried it out and were satisfied.

Thanks

Egon